Thursday, May 24, 2012

Phillip Phillips - American Idol

This year, I saw the first two episodes of American Idol and some random song clips throughout the season. Last night I turned on the television just in time to see Phillip Phillips crowned the new "idol". It's always intriguing to me that the producers always make the winner sing their "first single" song almost immediately after winning.

I love the fact that as Phillip was overcome with the emotion of the moment, he left the stage to be with his family. (I'm not sure it is what Fox and the producers were hoping for though.) Oh, and the tons of confetti that is bound to fly down the throat of the already struggling vocalist is a nice added touch.

Awesome:



And here's his top two performance of the same song, where he actually sings the entire song:

No comments: