Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Blues Playoffs - Round 1 Game 3

WooHoo! I am so thrilled with the way the Note played last night.

Perhaps they finally realized that this is the playoffs.
Perhaps they finally noticed the fact that they have to score to win.
Perhaps they realized they have pads they can check with.
Prehaps they read my previous entry and decided to change their play... Perhaps not.

Either way, I am excited about what I saw last night. If the Blues can come out tonight and successfully avoid the penalty box for the dumb stuff, I think they have a good shot to go 2-2 and fly back to San Jose with the momentum. Keep the hits and shots coming boys!

One thing I don't understand - this whole see of yellow business. What's that all about? Suddenly, the announcers are talking about it and it seems that sponsors are promoting it by giving away yellow rally towels. Why? Last time I checked we are the Blues. I recall hearing the phrase "sea of blue" in the past and I always thought it was cool to see all of the blue in the building, filling the seats. Why are we leaning towards the yellow color? It immediately brings to mind cowardice. I think we might be giving the opponent and their media reporters a huge mental image by saying "The Savvis Center is packed tonight and "the sea of yellow" grows more excited as game time nears."
Am I just wrong here or what?

Bleeding Blue! (not yellow)

No comments: