Friday, April 16, 2004

Blues Playoffs/Season Review

What a miserable way to end a lackluster season.
Can we say overpaid, underproducing, passionless talent?
I can and will.
With the way the Blues played, they deserved to lose.
Where was the passion to win? Where was the desire to empty the tank every game?
I spoke with fans on the Metrolink ride home after the Game 4 loss who verified what I thought to be the case:
The Blues gave up in the second period. They quit playing to win. They stopped trying. At home.
Disgraceful.

If I were Bill Laurie, I would not only shuffle the deck, but burn it in the process. Let all the high paid slackers go, and focus on a rebuilding effort. Sure we may not make the playoffs for the umpteenth year in a row, but who wants to go to the playoffs when all your team will do is meander around the ice like lost children in Walmart? Let's build a team that wants to win, with talent that needs a bit of time to develop.

I'm tired of getting the "veterans" at the trade deadline who will "help" us in the playoffs.
Lets have a team already in place as we blaze into the playoffs.

I love the Blues, but I hate the way we lost this series. We rolled over.
Despite what this idiot blowhole said prior to and during the series, we never had the desire to come from behind.
I wish this moronic marble mouth would move to Chicago or Detroit so I could hate him even more.

Now we wait the long summer months, and possibly a lot longer for NHL hockey to return.
In the meantime, I will watch the Otters play hockey in October with passion and not get paid out the wazoo for slacking.
Maybe the NHL and the Blues could learn a lesson from these teams that play to win, not for just a paycheck.

No comments: