Thursday, April 29, 2004

"Higher" Education?

Let's see. If I were a member of a fraternity while I was in college (which I was not), I would take into account recent news events prior to participating in such activities. I think I would realize that cases of hazing are now nationwide news and over the past several years have become flaming hot potatoes for fraternities and sororities as well as the Universities attached to the organizations. Nothing good comes of it, and other than it being silly tradition and a chance to humiliate a person, these sorts of actions serve no real purpose. Secondly, if I were to engage in hazing (which I wouldn't), I would make sure that nobody was filming or taking pictures of the event. Why do people record such idiotic behavior? It will never be worth it in the end - it just becomes solid proof against your organization.

Idiots.

No comments: