Thursday, April 29, 2004

An Open Note to All Drivers

Dear Driver,

I couldn’t help but notice the fact that you seem to be thoroughly enjoying your time behind the wheel. In fact, I would say it is refreshing to see someone so relaxed while traversing the highways and byways of life. It is obvious that you are able to find happiness and relaxation in the view through your windshield. I believe that I have found a few things you could do to make the journey all the more enjoyable.

The first thing you might consider doing is having your speedometer checked. When I came upon you in the fast lane of I-70, I couldn’t help but notice that you were going 50 miles per hour. I am sure that an auto mechanic can quickly check your speedometer, and replace it if necessary, thus allowing you to return to the roadways in a quicker fashion. This will allow you to see more of this beautiful country in less time.

Another item you might consider having inspected would be your blinkers. I have noticed on several occasions that they do not seem to work properly when you are changing lanes or making a turn. I am certain that the mechanic can check and replace the bulbs if need be. This simple correction will allow you to find further enjoyment through the flashing light on your dashboard as well as the reassuring sound that is made when your blinkers are working properly.

The last items that I believe you may want to have modified as soon as possible are your tires. I cannot be absolutely certain, but I believe that are out of alignment. This thought occurred to me when I was driving in the lane next to you and you began to cross over into my lane. I have also notice on other occasions that you have a tendency to float from one side of your lane to the extreme other side – often passing the line by a foot or more. A simple alignment could fix the problem and make your driving experience even more smooth and relaxing.

I believe that these simple adjustments to your vehicle will allow you to further enjoy the driving experience. If for some reason these items do not seem to help, then I would suggest you put down your cell phone and pull of to the side of the road. Or, if you have another passenger in the car that you would like to carry on an animated conversation with, please go to the nearest parking lot - so you won’t be bothered with having to keep some of your attention on the road.

I believe that if you made these simple modifications to your driving habits and car, the rest of us might be able to be more like you and find more peace and relaxation while on the interstate. Thank you for your time and consideration!

RG

No comments: